Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) is a debilitating and complex medical condition, which is characterized by profound fatigue and exhaustion symptoms. Although causes of CFS are not well-known, however, researchers speculate psychological stress, weakened immune system, poorly working adrenal gland and hormonal imbalances are all contributing factors.
The most common symptoms of CFS are:
- Restless or disturbed sleep
- Severe headaches
- Muscle and joint pain
- Severe psychological disturbances
- Digestive issues
- Cognitive exhaustion
- Cardiovascular and respiratory issues
- Increase in sensitivity to light or sound
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome – The Solution
You can easily find organic foods that can heal the Adrenal system and help you regain your lost energies. Organic maca is one of the oldest home remedies on Earth which has been used to boost energy and vitality. Besides containing huge amount of minerals, maca root is rich in B-vitamins, which are known to have a positive affect on our adrenal glands as well as pituitary gland. Chronic fatigue occurs when adrenal glands function below the necessary level. Vitamin B complexes can help regulate the response of receptors present on adrenal glands and improve its functioning. By incorporating maca powder in your diet, you can ensure ideal organ functionality and enhance energy levels.
How to add raw maca to your diet?
You don’t have to resort to maca smoothies or juices to put more energy into your daily life. You can make specialty desserts using maca as the main ingredient. Healthy, delicious, and acting as energy booster – raw maca desserts recipes taste amazing. Here is one maca dessert recipe for you:
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 banana
- 1/4 cup coconut nectar
- 2 tbsp raw maca powder
- 1/3 cup chopped raw dark chocolate
pinch sea salt
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Soak the cashews in water for about 30 minutes before blending it for smoother results.
- Blend all ingredients, except the dark chocolate chunks, in a blender until you get a completely smooth mixture.
- Transfer the smooth mixture to a bowl and freeze it for 30 minutes. Take the bowl out and mix in the dark chocolate chunks into the ice cream.
- Again put the ice-cream bowl inside freezer and leave it untouched for 6-8 hours.
- Before serving the maca ice cream defrost it for 5 minutes.
Being the leading supplier of truly premium quality organic foods including raw maca powder, raw cacao and organic coconut nectar in Malaysia, we love to share step-by-step recipes to help guide you along the way to create healthy meals. For more such delicious raw food dessert recipes, please visit our Recipes section.