Are you a vegan looking for quick vegan recipes with cacao butter? You have just got your search right. In this blog, you will learn 5 new vegan recipes with cacao butter which are tasty and healthy. But before you start taking note of recipes, do you know how cacao butter is made?
Cacao butter is a plant-based edible fat derived from cacao beans which are harvested from Theobroma cacao trees. The process of making this edible butter starts with harvesting, cleaning and roasting the beans. Once roasting is complete, beans are separated from their shells and crushed into nibs.
Cacao nibs are then grounded to make a liquid paste primarily known as cocoa liquor. This liquor is pressed to separate the fat that is cacao butter. The pressing process also results in a solid content as a bi-product which later becomes cacao powder.
Well, the use of the butter extracted from cacao beans is widespread in the cosmetics and food industry. However, let’s explore its use in the food industry, where it can be a great vegan and sugar-free substitute.
Also read: Cacao Butter & Their Skincare Benefits
Also, find these 3 vegan recipes with Organic raw cacao butter.
Recipe 1: Vegan Cheesecake with Cacao Butter
This is a scrumptious and melt-in-mouth chocolate cheesecake recipe that is vegan and uses a healthy substitute as cacao butter. Without much ado, let’s get started.
Serves: 16 slices
- Shredded coconut – 2 1/4 cups/180g (fine, unsweetened)
- Cacao powder – 3 tbsp (60ml)
- Vanilla bean powder – 1 tsp
- Medjool dates – 1 1/2 cups (360g) (pitted)
- Salt – A pinch
- Cacao butter – 1 cup (168g)
- Cacao powder – ½ cup (50g)
- Agave nectar – 1/4 cup (80g)
- Coconut milk – 400ml
- Vanilla bean powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt – as per taste
Raw vegan chocolate – 2 squares (fine grated)
For making crust
- Take a food processor, add cacao powder, shredded coconut, salt, and vanilla bean powder, and pulse for about a minute.
- Once you get a nice mix, add into the pitted dates and process until dates are finely chopped.
- Check the mixture for clump formation and remove it in an 8-inch flan.
- Press the clumping mixture nicely over an 8-inch flan and refrigerate till your filling is ready.
For making filling
- Put all ingredients, including cacao butter, cacao powder, agave nectar, coconut milk, salt, and vanilla bean powder, into a blender and give them a good blend on low mode.
- Once the ingredients start coming together, raise the blender’s mode and blend the mixture on high till it reaches 42°C.
- Take the refrigerating crust out of the fridge and pour the filling into it.
- Leave it uncovered in the fridge for 4hours to set.
- After 4hours, take the chocolate cheesecake and sprinkle the grated vegan chocolate reserved for topping.
- Slice lovely pieces and serve!
Recipe 2: Cherry Pistachio Vegan Chocolate Slab
For a quick munch and healthy snack, make this Cherry Pistachio Vegan Chocolate Slab. You can devour a piece when your palate craves a quick and tasty snack. Below is the recipe for it.
Makes: A block of 20cmx30cm
- Cacao butter – 250g, finely chopped
- Cacao powder – 3/4 cup
- Carob powder – 1/4 cup
- Maple syrup – 1/4 cup
- Vanilla powder – 1 tbsp
- Celtic sea salt – 1/2 tsp (you can also use Himalayan salt)
- Activated pistachio – 100g (2/3 cup)
- Sour cherries – 3/4 cup dried
- Double boiler (you can make the setup with a saucepan half-filled with water and a glass bowl)
- 20cmx30cm tray
- Kitchen scale
- Mixing spoon (either wooden or silicon)
- Parchment paper or baking paper
- Line the baking tin with parchment paper and keep it aside.
- Take the double boiler or makeshift by placing a glass bowl over a saucepan filled with water.
- Place the saucepan on medium heat and let the water boil. You should make sure that the water level should not touch the bowl.
- Once the water is boiling, add cacao butter into the glass bowl and stir continuously with a mixing spoon.
- Meanwhile, switch off the flame if the butter has started to melt. It will take 5 minutes to melt completely due to the bowl’s heat.
- Once butter is in the liquid state, remove it from the top of the saucepan and keep it on the kitchen slab.
- Now, into the melted butter, add the cacao powder, maple syrup, carob powder, salt, and vanilla.
- Give all ingredients a gentle mix until they are evenly combined.
- Use your hands to analyze the warmth of the mixture, and if your hands can bear it, pour the mixture into the baking tray.
- Spread the mixture evenly in the tray and scatter pistachio and cherries on the top.
- Shift the tray to the refrigerator and allow it to sit for two hours.
- After 2 hours, take it out of the fridge and cut it into sizeable pieces.
- Store them in an airtight container and enjoy them as an evening snack or for small hunger packs in between.
Recipe 3: Vegan Chocolate Banana Bites
Makes: 12 pieces of Banana Bites
Banana bites are little bite-sized goodness of chocolate and banana. These bites make a perfect end to the dinner or small party. Let’s see the ingredients used in it.
- Bananas – 1 large or 2 small ones
- Cacao Butter – 1/4 (50g), raw
- Cacao powder – 1/2 cup (50g)
- Vanilla – 1 tsp
- Sea salt – a pinch of
- Double boiler (make the double-boiler with a glass bowl over a saucepan half-filled with water)
- Forks – 2
- Spatula – for mixing
- Start the prep by lining a baking paper on the tray or a plate of choice and keep it aside.
- Prepare the double-boiler and add cacao butter into it.
- Stir the butter constantly until the butter is melt.
- Meanwhile, peel and slice the bananas (if you have used two small ones) into bite-size pieces. You should roughly get 12 pieces out of two small bananas or one big banana.
- Keep the cut bananas pieces inside and see whether if butter melted. If done, remove the bowl from the boiler and add ingredients, including cacao powder, vanilla, and sea salt.
- Stir all ingredients well and form a semi-thick batter.
- Now, use a fork to dip each banana piece in the chocolate batter and place it on the tray.
- Once you have repeated the same process with others, transfer the tray to the refrigerator and wait for 20minutes.
- After 20minutes, take out the tray and dip all banana pieces again in the batter. Repeat this process after 20 minutes and let it set in the freezer for more than 20minutes.
- After 40 minutes, either secure them in a container or wait for dinner.
- You can insert a toothpick in each piece and serve them as a one-bite-snack.
We hope that you will try these vegan dessert recipes using cacao butter. But! If you are thinking about where to order organic raw cacao butter and Organic raw cacao powder in Malaysia, order with Diet Angel.
You can also read: 5 Absolutely Fantastic Desserts Recipes Made With Cacao Butter