Do you love chocolate? You would say, “of course, who doesn’t?!”
But! What if we say you are eating highly processed chocolate for no good reasons?
Yes! This is all true, but very few people know this! You eat cocoa, a highly-processed form of chocolate with significantly less nutrition than cacao. Therefore, if you eat chocolate for health benefits, make sure you eat cacao.
Cacao is the unprocessed version of cocoa that retains the highest nutritional properties offering ample health benefits. You can use cacao in any form like Cacao Powder, Cacao Nibs, etc. For ordering the best quality cacao powder, visit Diet Angel.
Nutrition values of Cacao and Cocoa Powder per 100g
|Attributes (Units)||Cacao Powder (100g)|
|Fiber||19.6g|Raw Organic cacao is a superfood, and it is gaining its due popularity with time. It is a complete package of essential nutrients, phytonutrients, antioxidants, nutritious fat, a high amount of flavonols, polyphenols, and plant-based compounds absent in cocoa due to high processing.
Also read: Cacao Powder For Disease Prevention
With regards to the health benefits cacao posses, it has anti-inflammatory properties, which is the main topic of this blog.
The anti-inflammatory property of organic cacao powder
Cacao has an old and long history of benefits to mankind. But as it has been confined to only one region, it did not get the popularity it deserved. Thanks to the present research carried out about the benefits of cacao, it is gaining more validation and popularity it always deserved.
One of its very meticulous benefits is its anti-inflammatory properties. It helps reduce the body’s free radicals, which ultimately cause inflammation and the onset of chronic illnesses like diabetes, obesity, heart issues, etc. The flavanols and polyphenols of the cacao work on the low inflammatory markers and improve overall health, including cardiovascular problems. The polyphenols also help the flourishing of gut-healthy bacteria and also improve the anti-inflammatory pathways of the entire body system. So when you routinely take cacao in your food, you pave the way for a healthy body system with reduced inflammation.
Other health benefits of cacao
- Help manage the pain
- Improves the blood flow
- Offers anti-aging benefits to body cells
- Improves the levels of good cholesterol
- Reduce the risk of the onset of chronic illnesses
- Improves the cognitive functions
- Augments skin and hair health
Quick and Healthy Snack Recipe
When the hunger pangs strike, eating light and healthy should be considered. You can include this recipe in your cookbook for evening hunger pangs when you need energy and a small supply of carbohydrates to get going.
Serves: 2 people
Cook time: 10 minutes
- Organic Raw Cacao Powder – 3 Tbsp
- Almond Butter – 2 Tbsp
- Strawberries – 2 cups
- Cacao Butter – ¼ cup
- Raw honey – 1 Tbsp
- Take strawberries in a bowl and add water to rinse them.
- Once rinsed, place them in the deep freezer and continue with the Cacao Powder chocolate dip.
- For the dip, add the cacao butter to a medium-sized glass bowl and set the double boiler.
- On the double boiler system, heat the cacao butter until soft and smooth.
- Once soft, add in the cacao powder, almond butter, and honey and mix well.
- As the mixture thickens, remove the bowl from the boiler and let it come to room temperature.
- Check after 5 to 10 minutes if the dip has reached room temperature.
- Once it is cooled, keep it aside and take out the strawberries from the freezer.
- One by one, dip the strawberries and place them on a plate lined with parchment paper.
- Drizzle the strawberries with chocolate dip for extra design and let them set.
The dip will not take much time to set as the strawberries are cold. Once done, take a fruit fork or toothpick, and enjoy a quick and healthy snack. You can refrigerate the same if you are waiting for any guest.