Chocolate lovers, rejoice! Organic cacao powder, the root of chocolate, is now known as the ultimate superfood. But wait before you start hogging on all the chocolates. It’s because all chocolates are not created the same way. Various chocolate bars are often loaded with dairy, sugar, pesticides, and no nutrients.
Even the unsweetened cocoa powder Malaysia undergoes a procedure that strips off the goodness of cacao. So, if you are seeking chocolate to elevate your mood and keep your heart healthy and boost your overall health, it’s best to look for organic cacao.
Also Read: Anti-Aging Wonders of Cacao
Organic Cacao Powder With High Antioxidant Properties
Cacaopowder includes flavonoids that are a specific type of antioxidant, which boosts heart health. Meanwhile, it decreases the risk of diseases. As per a report published in 2003 in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, the powerful antioxidants are often found in higher concentration in cacao. The researchers also compared the antioxidant properties of black tea, green tea, and red wine. But still, cacao was found to contain the maximum number of antioxidant properties with the potential for various health benefits.
Antioxidants Benefits of Organic Cacao Powder
Aside from decreasing the chances of cardiovascular diseases, the antioxidants offer several benefits offering anti-inflammatory properties. It even increases cellular level protection when the body needs it. Here we mention a few important benefits that are often related to the high-antioxidant content of cacao powder.
- Antioxidants remove and stabilize the free radicals in body cells and tissues while inhibiting early aging.
- Due to the existence of a high concentration of flavonoids in organic cacao, there are many benefits to your cardiovascular health. These flavonoids reduce LDL oxidation, which is responsible for the accumulation of fat in arteries. That’s how the risk of heart conditions gets reduced.
- Besides removing the free radicals, the antioxidants even help in the elimination of joint and muscle inflammation due to their anti-inflammatory properties. Hence, it’s beneficial for people with arthritis and other conditions.
- The flavonoids found in cacao powder are helpful in increasing insulin sensitivity. Hence, reduce the risk of diabetes.
- Cacao powder includes a lot of potassium. And, potassium is known to reduce the risk of heart disease by lowering the stress of cells and lower body inflammation. The reduced inflammation is also due to its antioxidant properties.
Cacao powder offers your body more nutrition compared to cocoa powder. Hence, it can be a healthier alternative in recipes. Cacao powder is even a great source of:
A Healthy & Delicious Way To Get Cacao Boost
By now you must have observed the significance of cacao and why it’s a healthy alternative to commercial chocolate. So, you must add it to our healthy diet. You can mix it in your milk, pancakes, smoothies, and other healthy foods. This way, you can have your chocolate fixed without any compromise to your health.
When you add cacao powder to your diet, it helps in:
- Better digestion
- Decreased cravings
- Increased natural energy
- Positive mood
- Stress relief
- Occasional anxiety
- Mental clarity
- Inflammatory healthy response
Organic cacao is a nutrient-enriched, healthier, tasty snack that boosts your health with its high antioxidant properties. Being an experienced organic food supplier, Diet Angel offers you high-quality organic cacao powder at a reasonable price. Also, check out our cacao powder recipes on our blogs so that you know various ways to add this superfood to your diet.
You can also read our recently published blog: Anti-Inflammatory Properties of Sacha Inchi