Are you looking for sugar alternatives to maintain a healthy diet? If so, we must acquaint you with organic coconut sugar. It is a great alternative to white sugar. Since coconut sugar is unprocessed, unlike regular sugar, it is a healthier option for daily diet.
What is Coconut Sugar?
Coconut sugar comes from the coconut fruit of the coconut palm tree. It is also called Cocos nucifera scientifically. The coconut palm tree grows in various regions of the world, especially in Asian nations and tropical regions. This natural form of sugar is extracted from the sap of coconut palm’s cut flower buds.
Unlike conventional table sugar, because of its simpler production process, organic coconut sugar retains a healthy amount of sap nutrients. Some of the nutrients that it includes are potassium, zinc, calcium, magnesium, copper, polyphenolic compounds, vitamin C, specialized fiber, and other antioxidants.
However, coconut sugar still has a high fructose level, which is also bad for potential health conditions. But if you consume it in moderation, this organic form of natural sugar is better than the regular one.
Benefits of having coconut sugar
Here are some notable benefits of consuming coconut sugar:
1. Coconut sugar is healthier
Besides containing fructose and glucose, coconut sugar includes high levels of potassium, iron, zinc, flavonoids, polyphenols, and fiber. Since regular sugar does not contain any of these nutrients, coconut sugar becomes an obvious healthier alternative to give a health boost.
2. It includes lesser calories
The 5 g of white sugar has 40 calories, whereas 5 g of coconut sugar has just 20-25 calories. So, you can easily see which one is better for you if you are trying to lose weight.
3. Coconut sugar is beneficial for the gut
You may be aware of the health benefits of prebiotics for your gut. They help in keeping digestion on track. Due to this, our body works well. Since coconut sugar has a good amount of prebiotics, it keeps gut-related problems at bay. It even includes fiber content (called inulin) that’s also good for the gut.
4. It is not refined, so great for vegetarians and vegans
Do you know that the refining process of regular sugar involves the use of bone char? Probably, vegetarians and vegans won’t be pleased to know this. Since coconut sugar does not include this technique of refining, it is the best buy for vegans and vegetarians. So, next time you go out grocery shopping, consider this natural form of sugar – particularly if you are a vegan or vegetarian.
Also read: Why & How To Use Coconut Sugar?
5. It helps in controlling blood sugar level
Coconut sugar even has a low glycemic index (GI). GI is a measurement that evaluates carbohydrate-containing foods along with their effect on glucose and blood sugar levels. You will be amazed to know that coconut sugar ranks just 35 on GI compared to white sugar which ranks between 60-65 on the index.
All these benefits are proof of why you should switch to organic sugar compared to the regular one.
5 Ways to use Coconut Sugar
Here are a few healthy ways to use coconut sugar in your house kitchen:
1. Red Velvet Cupcakes – Take, whole grain flour, add coconut sugar, and beets. Combine them all for healthy vegan cupcakes for your family.
2. Coconut Soup with Bok Choy – It is a healthy and nourishing soup to freshen up your mood while being amazingly satisfying. It even includes baby bok choy, warm spices, and marinated mushrooms along with a little coconut sugar to add a subtle sweetness to it.
3. Flourless Brownies – Using a few ingredients, you can make tasty flourless brownies for your evening or afternoon treat with coffee or tea.
4. Coconut Milk Masala Tea – How about making your tea mixture at home. After all, you can easily customize it that way. Simply mix up coconut milk and coconut sugar to amplify the flavour. The result is a delicious and soothing masala tea to a give satisfying break to your day.
5. Rum-Kissed Coconut Granola – There are different types of sweetened granola. Some people make use of honey while others use maple syrup. If you are seeking for something new, it’s best to use coconut sugar for a layer of caramel-like nutty flavour. It works great with granola and muesli recipes.
So, these are some simple, tasty, and very healthy ways of making coconut sugar part of your everyday routine. You can buy organic coconut sugar from Diet Angel at a reasonable price. Explore our website to check out the options for other healthy organic products.
You can also read: Coconut Sugar vs. Other Sweeteners