Raw Chocolate Truffles
- 1 cup ground almond, leaving small pieces for a nutty, crunchy bite (Option: walnuts, cashews, and any other nut. You can even mix the nuts)
- 1/2 cup organic raw cacao powder (Adjust according to taste. Add another tablespoon if you like a stronger cacao taste)
- 2 to 3 tbsp flax meal (flaxseeds, ground to powdery texture)
- 2 to 3 tbsp organic coconut palm nectar (adjust according to taste)
- Pinch of sea salt
- Dash of vanilla essence (If you have pure vanilla pods on hand, use the seeds of half a vanilla pod)
- 2 tbsp organic raw cacao nibs
- Combine all Ingredients A in a food processor and mix well. Take care not to over process the almonds as you want some crunch in the truffles. If you don’t have a food processor, a bowl and spatula works just fine to mix these ingredients. (Optional: melt some raw cacao butter (about a teaspoon) and mix it into the ingredients)
- Once the mixture is well combined, do a taste test. Adjust sweetness to your preference.
- Sprinkle Ingredient B (raw cacao nibs) onto the mixture.
- Form the mixture into small balls (or large if you’re being greedy), ensuring that there are some organic raw cacao nibs in each of the balls. Alternatively, you can also add the organic raw cacao nibs as you form the balls.
- Dust the balls with raw cacao powder
If you can’t wait, dig in. For optimal pleasure, place these in the fridge to set before indulging.